Saturday, 11 May 2013: Forty Days Old.
If I were to guess I’d say Ayla has just come out of her first “Wonder Week” (a development growth spurt).
Last week she was a bit more grizzly than usual, sooking and crying for no apparent reason and feeding and sleeping heaps.
And over the last couple of days I’ve noticed she seems much more like a baby and less like a newborn… It’s like she went into a cocoon and came out as a beautiful butterfly!
– She’s been much more alert during awake time and she definitely seems to be awake more often.
– She’s responding to us when we play with her and she loves it when we sing and touch her at the same time.
– She’s been practicing her smiles and is consistently reacting to things she finds fun or funny (yesterday she even tried laughing!)
– She’s been happy and content to spend some time just hanging out and watch the world around her.
– She’s been quiet, and calm, and just so happy… She makes my heart want to burst with an overload of pride and love.
It’s been beautiful and rewarding to see these changes, but scary that they happened overnight!
Here’s a link to some info on Wonder Weeks: http://m.essentialbaby.com.au/baby/baby-stages-of-development/the-wonder-weeks-20120426-1xni4.html